A lot of new players find struggle in getting the hang of the Travian game. I remember when I first started out when I had no idea what was going on. I didn’t know what would happen if I do this or if I do that. It really takes time to learn although for some, it may come as a piece of cake. But if you’re one who is willing to change ways and perform at your best, then there are some things you have to deal with about your mindset. A winner mindset will get you going and these tips I’m going to give you will help you get on the game.
I know these because I have experienced them. It is not easy to be a beginner in a game because you know there are a lot of experts that could bring you down. It’s really a tough battle but with the right strategy and the right mindset, you can make your way to the top.
- Don’t say, “I’m still new and I’m just learning.” You’ve been playing for a month or two already and yet you still say this? Even at the start of your game, don’t say that. Yes you’re new but you need the winner mindset to make things happen. Saying that you’re still new and you’re just learning will bar you from seeking expert techniques. You’re constantly thinking that you’re a newbie so tendency is that you’ll stick to the beginner’s tips. It’s good to learn basic strategies but you can’t stay in them forever. It might be hard for you at first to understand expert techniques but if you won’t push it, then you will not progress.
- Don’t say, “I wish there won’t be so much raids.” Reality check: Like it or not, there will be raids. You can’t just hope and pray that raids won’t come. Do something that will make raids in your village unsuccessful. A winner mindset will always tell you to act on something instead of wishing it’s not there. The raids will come and they will keep on coming if they’re always getting resources from you. You have to defend yourself against them. Work on your defense and work on your crannies. Make sure you have troops. Protect your village, most especially your resources, from the enemies.
- Don’t say, “My village can’t develop because of the constant farming.” This is in continuation to the previous one. Again, it’s a crime to not build up defenses. If you won’t defend yourself, enemies will continue coming. But just because they continue coming, doesn’t mean you’ll just give up. What do you want to do? Start a new server all over again? And if you’re again being farmed? Will you just stop and then start over again? Do you really want to stick to a cycle like that? Someone who is up for the win don’t think that way. A winner mindset will always tell you to figure things out. Find a way to solve the problem, not avoid it.
- Don’t say, “I still don’t understand that strategy so I’ll just not mind it for now.” If you think like this, you’re the problem, not the game. The game is not difficult, you’re just making it hard for you. You have to understand how things work. The better you know the game, the better you can play. You can’t just wait for a miracle. This is a strategy game, you have to figure out a strategy. Devise one if you must and if you can. Saying that you will skip it will definitely cost you a lot of time and it will make you lose progress. By the time you’re ready to learn it, you’re already way behind.
- Don’t message a player to stop attacking you. Okay, maybe for some, this is effective. But please, begging for mercy from the enemy? That is just ridiculous. Someone with a winner mindset definitely knows to have some pride. It’s so small of you to ask the enemy to stop attacking instead of working on defending yourself from them. And then what? You’ll offer to give resources in exchange for not attacking you? Yes, you’re not being farmed. You’re a slave. What if you can’t send anymore resources and the enemy attacks you, what would you do then?
No matter how hard it can get, remember to keep in track of your actions. Through this, you will learn. By learning, you can improve. Don’t settle and be content by being just a player. You would want to be so much more. Only then can you say that you have truly enjoyed playing.